Saturday, May 08, 2004

Oak Lawn softball was a losing effort, albeit a close one with a near comeback. We were down something like 9-3 heading into our last raps, and cut it to 9-7 or something along those lines (actual scores may vary, but those are close). I had a solid game...nothing spectacular...I think I went 3-for-3 with a double and two singles (I can't really remember my second at bat for some reason. Anyway, next week is another week.

Did some Mother's Day shopping...still have a little more to do. I'm working on something...so I need a couple things. Home Depot was (not a shock) a madhouse today, as it is the first good weekend in May.

My flowers are growing, for the most part, rather nicely. I can't complain.

I'm now waiting for Gina to call me so I can meet her at Old Orchard (where she is shopping with her friend) and go up to Northbrook to finally pick up her new bike. We also will stop at Home Depot, because I need a few things for around the house, including something to put the new bathroom shelf on top of, because our toilet is ever-so-slightly too tall. But it's easily remedied. Otherwise, it's a good fit and will do a lot for our bathroom organization abilities. Thanks Kim (and Nick)! :)

Yesterday I successfully connected my TV via the coaxial cable...using ONLY A POCKETKNIFE, BOB! :) The "tool" my dad gave me didn't do much of the work...it actually just gave me the leverage to twist on the twist-on connectors to the ends of the wire. The instructions that came with the tool were a lot more helpful than the tool itself. And, my dad rocks, by the way...leave it to him to have all the parts I needed, so I didn't even have to go to Radio Shack or wherever and spend money. Dad always has random things like that lying around...I should have known to go to him first. :)

OK, that's about it for now...