Friday, May 14, 2004

Indeed, it did rain yesterday, but we got Game One in and stayed until the 4th inning of Game Two before we decided that the impending storm wasn't worth our wait. We tried to time it so that it would be pouring while we were on the El and then maybe let up by the time we got off and had to walk to our parents' house (me and Eddie and Gerard went to the game). It worked perfectly, pretty much...it was sprinkling during the walk to the house. As predicted, the Sox lost to a rookie pitcher 1-0, making the dude look like the next coming of Cy Young. It irritates the hell out of me when they can't take a rookie to the cleaners, especially given their lineup. Then, we trot a rookie pitcher out there (in Game Two) and he gives up four home runs. Fortunately, the offense woke up and they still won, but still. It would be nice to have a surprisingly good rookie come up instead of develop over the years.

I got a really bad sunburn though...and not a great line either, because I was wearing a sleeveless shirt...so there's a line down the side of my shoulder. It's not terrible, in that I was able to sleep OK. But it does hurt a little bit. As long as I keep lotion on it.

I was gonna go out to The Brook today and do some garden work, but it's been raining since I set my alarm for 8am, so I just slept in and I figure I'll relax (not that I haven't done that already) until softball, if that even goes off. There's a chance, since it's not until 8pm, because the rain's expected to let up around 5. But we'll see.

What else is new? Not too much, I guess. Preparing for a busy couple of weekends coming up. I need a haircut. I need to shave, but I feel lazy right now. Maybe I'll waste some time by playing video games. We'll see. I'm waiting for the rain to let up a little bit so I can take Kazak out.