Saturday, November 01, 2003

Well, what a great party that turned out to be. :) I was pleased with the turnout (near 20) given the fact that I gave everyone about three days' notice. And everyone seemed to have a good time. Plus, folks just stuck around forever, which is always a good sign. I like it when people aren't so worried about time in the face of having a good time. :) Of course, I understand when people do have to go, and that's cool. But it makes me feel loved :) when people want to be around me, or at least pretend to just to use my place as a venue. :)

My costume was great (I went as my own dog, Kazak), and I was very impressed with all the other costumes, seriously--it was good work by all...a couple coworkers showed up too with a little crew of their own, which was great. I was happy about that. Of course, Little Red Riding Hood flashed me when i was putting beer in the fridge, so now I'm scarred (Ol' Red was a MALE)...actually, I didn't see much, thankfully, but what I did see was far too much...ah! Meanwhile, Kazak went as me, wearing an old basketball shirt that had my name on it. But, I neglected to move the shirt when I let him in the yard to use "the facilities," and he peed all over the shirt...dumbass me. :) Then, to prevent him from getting dirty, I had to cut the freakin' thing off him and throw it out...it was a junk shirt anyway, but I felt quite idiotic. :)

I am also happy that we evidently had enough food and snacks, because there isn't much left over...that's good. There is a nice amount of beer left over though...and like, three bags of ice (our icemaker isn't working yet, and I don't have my ice trays out here yet).

I was up until 6am or so because of the party, and so I was ready to just sleep and sleep and sleep. Around noon though, the little dog upstairs starting howling and crying and barking constantly. Separation anxiety, I'd guess. It just wouldn't shut up...but I was able to half-sleep through it and stayed in bed until about 2pm.

Since then, I've eaten a bit, walked the dog, watched "Kung Faux," which Troy was nice to lend me so I could bone up on my quotes from the show, which have been slacking..."Man, boss, you really wrecked shop, man!"

Throw dem bows! (I completely forgot that one)...

I also watched a couple minutes of the Northern Illinois game and uploaded the pictures from the party from my digital camera to my CPU...Hopefully that link works...you can check them out, if you care... :)

Ah well...now I'm just waiting to see what's going on tonight, if anything specifically. I've got no plans right now, but I'm sure SOMETHING will come up...and if not, I'll relax at home.