Sunday, November 02, 2003

I find myself hating my upstairs front neighbor (not the directly upstairs neighbor) already, and I haven't even met him yet. He's got two dogs, and I think I cleaned up their dogshit in the yard yesterday. In fact, I know that one pile was NOT my dog's remains...if I have to do it again, I will talk to this guy, and chances are he won't like me, since that will be the first time I talk to him. Butch and I clean up after Kazak in the yard IMMEDIATELY after Kazak is done. This guy had better start doing the same. Plus, I'm just flat out nervous about this guy's dogs...one is a german shepherd, I've been told, and the other is a little dog of some sort. Kazak does not have a good history with German shepherds...and, who's to say the thing is friendly to humans too? What happens if I open my back door to go outside and this dog is in the yard? And God forbid if I'm taking Kazak out there with me. I don't like being "restricted" in my own apartment/deck/yard. That's not right. Then, my room is directly under the back end of his apartment, I assume the kitchen...I've discovered already that he's a "heel walker," meaning he walks heavily on the back of his heels instead of the balls of his feet...he was pounding around this morning. Now, that I can't do anything about, and it didn't really annoy me...but it's just one more thing to hate him already for. ;)

I did meet the woman living across the way from me yesterday, as well as her dog. They both seem friendly enough. I asked if we had kept her up Friday night, and that if we're ever too loud over here, to just knock and ask us to tone it down, and we will. She said, no, I just closed my bedroom door and that was fine. Plus, it was Halloween, so I expected there to be some parties or something. I said, well, don't worry, we're not gonna be partying like, once a week or even once a month probably...so it's not like this will happen a lot. And she was apologizing for her dog barking all the time. I told her, no, that's OK, because Kazak doesn't bark much, so I was happy to hear some dog being a watchdog-type. :)

I can't introduce Kazak to these other dogs yet anyway, because he's behind on his rabies shot. I need to set that up soon...I also need to get my city sticker for the car and dog tag for him, after he gets his shot.

Otherwise, I stayed in last night, watched "The Hudsucker Proxy" and then talked to my little bro on IM for a while. Today, you guessed it, work. But hey, that's the way it goes. :) At least I know this much: I'll be really, really busy, because we've got a couple people out, so I'll have extra work to do--on Sundays, that's good, because it helps time fly.

Now, I need to figure out if I want to head out to Bolingbrook tomorrow during the day and get more of my packing done...I really should. But we'll see.