Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Today was generally "uneventful" I suppose, as most Mondays are for me...

I went to Kmart and bought some screws and anchors, and our coat rack is finally on the wall. And it hasn't fallen under the weight of our coats yet. I also actually did some laundry here, which wasn't bad...though it cost $2.50 total (wash and dry). Glad I live close enough to home...I'll go there more frequently for sure. I spent most of the "morning" though downloading old cartoons for a "project" I'm working on, which will remain mum here, only because I don't know who reads this and who might find it. :) Yeah...anyway. :)

Then, basically I waited for Gina to call so we could go get dinner. She forgot she had a workshop, so we had to wait until after 6pm. We originally were going to drive along North and just find a place that peaked our interest, but then her roommate and her cousin invited us to get tapas with them, so we agreed. We went to Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!, which I've never been to, and stuffed ourselves. It was just as good as Cafe Iberico, minus the "atmosphere." Of course, I've only been to Cafe Iberico on weekends, really, so the atmosphere could be lesser there during the week for all I know. But the food was just as damn good, as was the sangria. Man, I am still full. And Gina's roommate's cousin even picked up the check, which was odd, but appreciated...unfortunately, now I told him that he'll have to come out with us again soon (which is fine, he was cool) so I can pay his way. Afterward, we all went back to their place, because the teachers had to do some work. We watched some TV and I helped Gina by cutting out xeroxed coins while she worked on her lesson plans. Eventually, sleepiness set in though, and now I'm home...

I pulled up to a nice spot right in front of the house, more or less, and I noticed behind me was my jackass upstairs neighbor. As I backed up to parallel park, he made the move like he was going to squeeze into the spot behind me. Then, I see out of the corner of my eye him slow down as he passed me. Now, he asked me once before when I was parking if I lived here, as though I was going to give him the spot whether I did or not. I don't know if he was thinking the same thing, or what. But I'm not too happy with the "attitude" he demonstrated, and had he taken that spot even though i was backing into it, man, I would have snapped. This guy can't get kicked out of here fast enough...we need to check on the progress of the landlord booting him...because the one-week limit has passed, there's STILL crap in the yard and he doesn't even watch his dogs now--he just lets them out. I'm refraining from saying what I really think about this dude, let me tell you, for fear that little kids read this. ;)

Anyway, potentially busy two days of work ahead, so I can take Friday off. We'll see how it goes. :)