Thursday, November 20, 2003

In honor of Displaced's first birthday, I have composed a brief poem (sing to the tune of "Mandy" by Barry Manilow):

Oh Blogger
well, you came and you took all my ranting.
Typed my fingers away.
Oh, Blogger
well, you offered me Web space for venting,
And all that for no pay.
Oh, Blogger!

There. Done. On to Year Two of "Displaced." This year has been interesting, and if I'm ever so sick that I can't work or anything, I will have much fun, no doubt, printing out my blog and re-reading it. I hope that someday this blog can be passed on to my descendents and let them see what boring and fun stuff I did on a day-to-day basis. It can let them into my life, give them a picture of who I was. I wish I had that for my ancestors. I wish I knew more about the day to day lives of my grandparents, parents, etc. Yes, i could ask them (well, my parents--the others are dead), but it's different when it's typed out or told fresh off the "mental presses" if you will. And this blog is perfect for that. Do I post some crap? Sure, but who doesn't. It's the mindframe that emerges over time in these posts that will give people who read this waste of Internet space an idea of who I was and what I did. And that's cool to me.

So off we go, into another fine year of blogging. And of course, it wouldn't be a blog's birthday celebration without Haloscan acting up. Thanks! :)