Wednesday, November 12, 2003

So I read back a couple days, and I never updated you guys on the wedding events. Specifically that I did get to polka with my mom after polka-ing with Gina. My mom and dad were out polka-ing to my favorite polka, "Too Fat Polka," and I was out there with Gina for that song too...then, "The Beer Barrel Polka" came on, and I told Gina, "Hey, I want to polka with my Mom for this one, OK?" She was fine with that, obviously.

So my Mom was walking off the dance floor and I said, "Wait a minute...you have to polka with me, because Grandma's not here." And she's like, "I'm going to have a heart attack if I dance anymore!" but she came out there and polka-ed...and that was nice. Whatever. I told her that I never got to polka with Grandma after she taught me and she was like, "OK." And that was that. Whatever. :)

In other events, I got a nice following for "Baby Got Back," as the legend has leaked to that group of friends. Actually, Gina seemed to be looking forward to seeing me make an ass of myself once again with it. :) But, there was none of that, as usual. :) Actually, one of my "uncles" (not related, but one of my dad's best friends growing up) stopped me and joked that I really knew my stuff out there. My parents were speechless when I walked over to them and said, "So, whaddya think?" and laughed...they know I love the "spotlight." Ha!

Folks also got a kick out of the fact that I can do the "Electric Slide" and how much I get into it, or whatever you want to call it. :) And I think folks got a kick out of me and Gina acting out "You're the One That I Want" from "Grease" on the dance floor--the only bad thing is it was the compilation version, where they play the parts of the three songs, not the whole song, which sucked--including me falling to my knees shaking my hands for the "It's electrifying!" line. :) I'm nuts, but I love it. :)

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...