Friday, November 07, 2003

Well, softball is finally over. It's sad, but I'm happy too, because, damn, it's too cold to play 16-inch softball, let me tell you. That's right, we lost yesterday, 13-12, but it was a valiant effort. We had a 3-run lead with two innings left. They cut it to a one-run lead heading into their last raps (the top of the 7th). They scored five runs to take a 13-9 lead. We came up in the bottom of the 7th, and cut the lead to one. I was the tying run on first, but was forced out on a weak grounder to short. Then, our final batter popped out, leaving the tying run stranded at first. It was a great, great game though, and personally, it was my best of the year. I went 4-for-4 with a double and three singles, scored two runs and drove in one. My defense was spectacular (and I'm paying for it today). I actually pitched in the first inning and did OK, despite giving up a three-run homer. I then went back to 1B in the second inning b/c our regular pitcher showed up. I had three great stretches for throws at first--and my groin muscles and quadriceps are really letting me know that they didn't like it too much. I didn't do the splits or anything silly like that, but I certainly stretched my feet a lot farther than ever before. Thank God I had my cleats to hold me up. :) On one, I crossed my left leg over and across my right leg and body to stretch far to my right, caught the ball on one hop and kept my back foot on the bag, getting the out. It was (and it looked) painful, but it was a great stretch for a throw that was quite a bit up the line. But, it's playoff softball, and you gotta suck it up, baby!

Afterward, Basia stopped by after her test and we went to visit with the Starbux Princess at work. Then the three of us walked over to Bar Louie and had a drink (or two, for some of us). Probably though, that'll be the last time I hear from Christine for a while, since she never emails or calls. She hates me. :) Oh, and Christine, my coworker really appreciates the Chai Tea mix...I knew he would--he loves the stuff. :) So thanks...

Anyway, my supervisor isn't in today, but I have loads of work that I'd like to get through, seeing as I'll be busy all day tomorrow with Steve and Kelly's wedding...I also have to decide what shirt and tie I'm going to wear with my black suit. My options are plain-Jane white with whatever tie peaks my interest (blah), gray (but a nice gray, with a bit of a sheen to it) with a dark-blue-and-silver-patterned tie, or a light olive shirt with a matching tie. I'm leaning toward the olive getup right now. We'll see though.

This evening, though, I'm gonna head to my cousin Will's place and catch up on "24," which I missed this week because my cable is gone. He has (Laz...) TiVo...so I succumb to using someone else's TiVo... :) I'll still never get it myself though--well, not in the near future anyway. :)