Sunday, November 23, 2003

Last night was fun, and for the first time in a while, I got to bed at the reasonable hour of 2am. Gina and Butch and I drove out to Lisa's and then we went to Pompei, where I ordered too much pizza. I order three slices of pizza. The lady at the counter was like, is that all for you? I said, "yeah." I guess they were big pieces. Well, I found out that indeed, they were huge pieces of pizza when they brought them to me. I needed two plates. :) Suffice to say, I needed a doggie bag. The pizza was also very filling, so I finished only one full slice. Also, I recognized that the dreaded spice/herb that makes me sick was in one of the pieces. I wish I knew which spice it was, so I could avoid it. But I know the taste by heart. I thought, well, maybe it won't be a problem.

We left Pompei and went to Arlington Lanes to bowl. We had to prepay for three games, which, thankfully we didn't prepay for four games, because we had gotten tired of bowling in game three. Sometime during game two, I was sitting there, minding my own business talking to Gina when the dreaded spice kicked me in the ass. I said, "Oh, damn. My stomach just turned over. I'll be back," and proceeded to the bathroom. Not fun, let me tell you. I then began drinking water only, and Lisa had some medicine I took. I was OK the rest of the night, thankfully. That would have been bad if I wasn't. :)

I bowled pretty well...Lisa's a ringer. I won a CD from the DJ who was working the Cosmic Bowling portion of the evening because I bowled a strike when he came over to our lane. Big deal. :) We had a very good time just goofing around...

But like I said, we kinda got tired of bowling, so we left and were like, what now? So we found a pool hall and shot some pool. That was fun too (I was on my game, so I was shooting well, though I hadn't played in awhile.), until the music turned for the worst. We were four of only about six total people in the place over 20, which was fine...whatever. The music was jukebox only, which also was fine. Someone played "Crash" by Dave Matthews Band, which was fine. But then, some Eminem song about killing his ex-wife and her husband or something comes on, and boy, was that a buzzkill. Then, "Crash" by Dave Matthews Band comes on again--the live version this time. Since we were done with our second game, we decided that was enough.

We proceeded from there to "The Curragh" at Woodfield, an Irish bar that was pretty nice. We grabbed something to eat and drink and that was that. We dropped off Lisa, then dropped off Gina, and Butch and I headed home.

I had a very weird dream last night that woke me up kind of early, and I was like, gotta remember it so I can share it here, but since then, I forgot it. Oh well...And now, I'm off to walk the dog and head to work. God I hate working Sundays. Man...have I ever mentioned that?