Saturday, November 22, 2003

Yesterday was interesting, to say the least. Well, maybe it wasn't, but I have to draw you guys in somehow. :)

I was SUPPOSED to go karaoke-ing at Trader Todd's. That fell through after no one except one person could make it. So I cancelled that and decided to go with Gina to a housewarming party for a friend of hers and Barb's and others in that friend "group." It was cool and fun and as usual, good to hang out with those folks. :)

Afterward, Gina and I were going to head to Streetside Cafe near my house, where Mike was DJ-ing again. But we got out of the party too late. Then we thought about heading to the Streetside "afterparty" at Zentra, but we just decided to hang out for a while and then call it a night...at 4am.

Consequently, I slept until 1:30pm today. Not counting the fact that the cable guys came at 9:30am, and since Butch was out paintballing, I had to take care of business. That was fine...except that I was in a haze from little sleep, and I forgot to check Butch's TV in his room. That's not hooked up now. And we can't figure out why we don't have ESPN or some other channels, even though we ordered basic cable. So now he's going to call and get this all figured out. I really dropped the ball, I guess. :)

I took Kazak on a LONG walk after I got up...we walked down Wabansia as usual, but didn't stop at Western and turn around, which we usually do. We crossed Western and took Wabansia to Leavitt, then turned south and went to North Ave. I stopped at Urban Canine with him, just to see what the prices were and what the place was like. He needs a bath, badly. Seems like a nice place, and it's not much more expensive than PetsMart, really. We then walked back to Western, north to Wabansia and then back to my place. He's now crashed on the carpet. I bet he's tired. But I hadn't walked him that far in a while, so I felt the need to do it.

Also, yesterday morning, he met the dog across the hall--not the idiot owner's dogs upstairs, the nice lady across the hall with the separation anxiety dog next door. She was out walking her dog, Sage, while I was out. I saw them coming, and going on the "dogs take cues from their owners" theory, I stopped, squatted down by him and said, "who's that? who's coming?" which is a trigger to him that someone good is coming. Sage was playful (though they were both leashed), and Kazak played back a little bit. So I was relieved about that. Not that Kazak will have too much interaction with Sage, because she doesn't use the backyard.

In a couple hours me, Gina, Butch and Gina's friend Lisa are going to get pizza and bowl or play pool or something fun, out in the suburbs where Lisa lives. It should be fun, no doubt about it. So I need to shower and relax a bit, but I'll probably clean my room some more. It still needs it. :)