Sunday, November 23, 2003

Well, here I am, in one of those boring lulls at work where I sit around and pretend like I'm busy. These sometimes occur on Sundays, and honestly, I don't like them. And another thing that sucks about working Sundays: I don't "get to" watch anything except football. "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" is on ABC right now, and I cannot watch it, lest I be mocked incessantly or accused of being a poor employee...dammit.

I have a minute little headache that I think is an aftereffect of yesterday's illness. Sometimes that happens. I took some Advil with my 3pm lunch and it hasn't gone away.

I'm interested to see how icy the roads are tonight, since it's been raining and raining and raining and the temperature is supposed to plummet. Should make for an interesting drive home at 4am. More interesting than last Monday morning, when I had to drive through the worst fog I've EVER seen...and that's not fun at 4am, when there's NOBODY on the road and you can't see literally more than 20 feet in front of you--even lights. You just pray everyone else is operating at 100 percent capacity like you at that point. So we'll see what happens.