Friday, May 05, 2006

--1 day. Technically speaking, although it is 10 minutes to midnight, meaning the day is nearly here.

--I couldn't think of a better time to hit post No. 1,000 of this blog. Yep, you've all read 1,000 of my ramblings now. Pretty amazing. So, as I pass from bachelorhood into "the rest of my life," what better time to transition that than in the next 1,000 posts (or wherever this blog goes).

I've occasionally gone back and read some of my writings, though I haven't to date. The entire point of this blog had always been to be an online journal and an area where I could keep those who cared to read it up to date on goings-on, as boring as they sometimes were, in my life. Sometimes, I know, the posts are lacking in their appearance or content, and I don't have a schtick anymore, now that the countdown is gone, obviously.

But I hope you all will keep reading...even if you stop, I'll keep posting, because it alleviates my desire to have a permanent record of even the mundane in my life, possibly that future generations of my family can read if they so choose. I would give anything to have a "blog" or journal from my father or grandfathers or whoever. I hope that any descendants that I might be lucky to have would have that desire to know their father, grandfather, etc. I think that I've done a good job of projecting my personality and person onto this blog, and I will continue to do it, even if I never have another reader in the present.

Here's hoping the next 1,000 posts or more will be just as good as the majority of the first 1,000. The first 1,000 saw an enormous transformation of me from a post-college kid to an (here's that word that we all fear) adult. I can only imagine that the next 1,000 posts will hold even wilder transformations...and I hope you can all enjoy reading and following along as I slug my way through this thing called life.

The only difference is, I'm not "on my own" in the same way I used to be.