Monday, April 17, 2006

--19 days. All this time, and my count was off, because I was going by the full year, and counting the actual wedding day as "1." Well, now you know why I'm a journalist and not a scientist or accountant. :)

--So, anyone know anyone who was offended that they weren't invited to my wedding? Or anyone know anyone who might want to come (that actually knows me or Gina relatively well)? Turns out, we overestimated things a bit. They say that 20 percent of your invites typically cannot make it. With about 50 people who did not RSVP at this point, we're at about 30 percent regrets. That sucks, but what can you do? May is a busy time, but what time isn't. Besides, pretty much all the most important people will be there, with a few exceptions. But it kinda sucks. It will still be a big wedding, but unless we get a miraculous push, there will be some "empty" slots. So let me know if you have any bright ideas...

--I'm going to Mumps Central tomorrow evening...western Iowa/eastern Nebraska. I figure if I contract mumps on the plane (which seems to be the preferred method of transfer of mumps nowadays), it should incubate for 2-3 weeks, just in time to hit me at the wedding. Nice.

--Go White Sox! At least they're doing well right now...so far, so good.

--But now I'm tired, so I'm going to call it a night...see you all again soon!