Thursday, May 04, 2006

--2 days.

--Now, all we do is wait. The hall has been finalized, almost all of you guys are a stone's throw (though, no stone-throwing please) from the bar, and more than shouting distance (even at Laz's decibels) from me. ;) Actually, I'm sure Laz could easily fill the room with his roaring voice. :)

--Here's an insider tip for the wedding...no one wants the clinking of silverware on the glasses, plates, etc., for the bride and groom to kiss during dinner. So. I'm giving you geniuses an inside tip, because, see, they all think that if we make it "difficult" that there won't be numerous "interruptions" of dinner. Not that anyone is concerned, but I want my friends to be prepared, if they so choose. SO. Because of the movie theater history of the place, we've decided that if you want the bride and groom to kiss, you'll need to stand up and sing several (or more) lines of a movie theme song. More than one or two lines, too. Now, you guys are in the know and can practice or formulate ideas or whatever you see fit, if you so choose. If not, hey, that's fine too. :)

--Tomorrow, of course, is the rehearsal and dinner. But before that, I have plenty to do (after sleeping in for a while, to get my rest, because I need it). I have to drive out to The Brook for Kazak to go on his own mini-vacation for the weekend, just so we don't have to worry about him at the condo. Also, I have to wrap my groomsmen's gifts, which won't be difficult, but is still a task awaiting completion. And, finally, I have to go to the bank to get the final payments for several of the vendors in order.

--It's official. The Derby is Saturday, my wedding is Saturday. My friend is going to Vegas for another wedding bachelor party this weekend. Therefore, he is taking money to put down on a horse for me. Which one? TBD...actually, I've determined it, but I'm just not 100 percent yet. You'll know, obviously, at the reception, because I'll have to find out who won the Derby. :) I figure, hey, I'm lucky enough to be getting married that day, maybe I'll be lucky enough to win some money too. But we'll see.

--Those of you with digital cameras and other cameras. If you take pictures, please let me know...I would like to get copies, either burned onto a CD off your CPU (which I am more than happy to supply) or taken to Walgreens and burned onto a CD there. Our photographer is a professional, and I don't doubt that we'll have super-excellent photos. But I have a sinking feeling that he's not going to get the myriad spontaneous events that are bound to happen amongst 270 people. He might not be able to get some of the "in action" shots, because he isn't going to just snap away at his camera--he's good about taking just the right picture at just the right time. ALSO, feel free to interact with the videographers...sometimes people try overly hard to "act natural" or get away from the cameraman. I don't mean go overboard, but feel free to acknowledge the camera or do whatever comes to mind (without, again, being entirely idiotic, of course--that's my job). :)

--For now, that's it. I'm just waiting to get ready to go to Softball game #1 this evening...my work league's first game is today, and tonight is the official start of the weekend for me. I can finally get a little rest and relaxation before everything becomes a whirlwind of fun. :)