Thursday, June 09, 2005

--331 days.

--Well, we sucked it up today in softball and lost 11-0. Not pretty. We need badly to work on our hitting, that's for sure. Even though it was 11-0, it didn't feel that bad. A couple less errors and some hitting, and we'd have been in great shape.

--Though not many people find it interesting, necessarily, I often stop and wonder how things in my life influenced me to be "how I am" in one particular thing or another. Why do I act this way? Why do I feel that way? Things like that. And it's really funny, but just about every reaction, relationship, principle and social function is based in part on something I learned by observing, listening to or simply experiencing my parents in similar situations. It's very strange...but, it's funny, because, in a way, it appeases my curious mind.

And, honestly, it puts me at ease with the world around me and how prepared I am to face it. I have the utmost respect for my parents, and I guess that shows by the fact that I'm not afraid to be like them. Many people walk around and say, "I'm nothing like my father/mother!" but I wouldn't mind if someone said that to me. I'd be proud of it, honestly.