Friday, May 20, 2005

--351 days. (I seem to be stuck on an odd-numbered-day-only funk...)

--Looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars, even if I am going to wait until next week, when the theaters are a bit more empty. Then again, temptation might get the best of me this weekend, so we'll see.

--Had to drop about $115 at the vet yesterday because Kazak (long story short) knocked Gina over while she was walking him and got away from him, all while trying to get at another dog. Well, the other dog bit him on the ear, and he was bleeding pretty badly and in pain, so I went to get it checked out. He got pain killer, antibiotics and a rinse--but you try cleaning his ears, with them in pain, and holding him still to do so. It ain't easy. But he already seems to be doing better.

--Tomorrow, the final "open gym" at my school is being held...word is, they're going to have the classrooms open too...so one final trip down memory lane, if you will. I don't know who, if anyone, will be there...I guess it's going to be really, really low-key.

--Tonight, softball, as usual. Last night's game was rained out, which is fine, because my unhealthy ass was dragged, by me, to the basketball court in Glenview with nine of my coworkers, and we played 5-on-5 full-court ball for almost two hours. I believe I'm still tired and sore from it. But the good thing is, they're talking about doing it every week. That will be great, as far as keeping in shape goes. Of course, from a time constraint standpoint, it sucks.

--I told Gina yesterday, while at The Full Shilling, a bar down the block from Wrigley, that we should be taking advantage of these bar specials. I got it all figured out, see: O'Donovan's or Celtic Crown on Mondays ($1 burgers), McGee's on Tuesdays (30-cent wings), Wednesdays I don't know yet, Full Shilling on Thursdays ($1 burgers), and Fridays we have softball. There's a White Castle right there, so there ya go. Of course, my system might not like that 100 percent, but who cares about my system? :)

--In need of a weekend of relaxation, Gina and I were looking for somewhere to travel for a couple days for Memorial Day weekend. Well, I guess we're swinging up to Milwaukee to see a couple of the sights and simply freakin' relax and hang out at the hotel, away from everything. She needs it more than I do, that's for sure.

--That's about it for now...