Friday, May 13, 2005

--358 days, and, if you didn't notice, still counting. :)

--Strange...my birthday's coming up, and when Gina asked me the other day if I wanted to do anything, I just kind of shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't know...maybe." I suppose I miss my grill more than I thought. It just seems silly to invite people over but not grill. Don't ask me why that is, it just does. Maybe some of you can relate, maybe you can't. I don't know. It just would seem really weird to me.

--Softball yesterday was good--my work team won 8-7 in the final at-bat--our guy was walked, and per the rule, all runners (including him) advance two bases (to prevent teams from intentionally walking guys to get to girls--makes sense). That drove in the runner on second for the win. I've now pitched in three different softball games, giving up 14, 3 and 7 runs. Tailored to a seven-inning softball game, that gives me an RA (not ERA--rarely are runs EARNED in softball) of 8.00, which, in slow-pitch softball is a nice RA to have, I might say. :)

--Speaking of baseball, I'll be at the Sox game this Sunday, if anyone else is going to be there. Should be fun. It'll be my first Sox game this year, believe it or not. So I'm looking forward to it, for sure.

--Oh, and despite the bad news yesterday, the day had started out fantastically. The W hotel chain had sent me a survey on my stay at the W San Francisco. NEVER in the history of survey-taking, have I ever, ever, ever given as many "1s" on a scale of 1-10. Oh, I was feeling really, really, really good. :) Ha ha ha ha! I don't even care if they acknowledge it...it just felt good to rip them a new one.