Friday, May 27, 2005

--344 days (Ha! Finally, an even number!)

--I picked up the new Audioslave album the other day and have listened to it over and over for a bit now. I have to say, it's certainly a solid album. But, it's a bit disappointing. I can't completely rock out to it like I could the first album. There's no "Show Me How to Live" caliber song by any stretch of the imagination, and the most disappointing thing about the album is that most of the songs, other than the two songs that I really do like, "Doesn't Remind Me" and "The Curse," are tainted by a Rage-esque, screaming, out of tempo, spastic guitar solo in the middle. The guitar seems out of place and just weird. A few songs on the debut album had this, but it was more in tune and in tempo with the song, typically speaking. In these particular songs, the solos seem like they're just guitar tourette's. Thankfully, Chris Cornell's lyrics and vocals remain as good as ever, which is the main reason I like the music.

--I also saw the Nine Inch Nails album, but did not get it yet. I will pick it up next week, probably. Can't wait for the Foo Fighters' new double album in June.

--I've got a slew of phone calls to make...Luis' birthday is today, and I haven't talked to him in forever. I also have to call Gerard to see, one day in advance, if he can watch Kazak for the weekend. Among all the work I have to do, of course. Fun, fun, fun!