Saturday, June 11, 2005

--329 days.

--The count, officially...
4 live plants (probably will get another)
4 cory cats (each different)
6 neon tetras
6 glo-lite tetras
4 black skirt tetras
3 coral platies
7 zebra danios
5 golden white cloud mtn. minnows

Yep. We got one of those instant-cycling packets...it's a pack of live bacteria that you put in the tank with the fish right away, and it feeds the biosphere with enough bacteria to support the tank. I was skeptical at first, but I read up on it and the guy (who sold us our tank, so he'd already "made money" off of us) sold me on it.

I very nearly got a pair of dwarf gouramis (a male and female), but they didn't have any females, and I am not familiar enough to know if that kind of gourami would get along with my other fish. I didn't want to take that chance, so, next time. Dwarf gouramis, though, are quite beautiful.

So the tank is quite active...I sat there for several hours just watching it today. There's so much to look at.

--Finally going to see Star Wars tonight. I figure maybe it'll be less crowded and aggravating by now, and Crown Village still has it in digital projection, so I'm happy about that. Of course, I have work to do as well...probably shouldn't have stared at fish all day. :)