Saturday, January 29, 2005

I'm home...but only for about 12 more hours. Then I'm off to Baltimore and driving up to Hanover, Pa. It's a whirlwind tour, baby.

Canton was, well, wholly not that impressive. It was OK, and it would have been better had I been better informed (again) by the hotel's tourist magazine offerings, but I made do. I would have to say that this was probably the "worst" hotel I've stayed at so far in my business travels since starting my current job. Here's why:

The indoor pool was pretty sweet. Was kinda excited about that, until I saw that the bottom was metal (not a problem) and had rust spots here and there. Doesn't make me feel too comfy about the cleanliness of the thing.

When I got back to my room yesterday, although I had left my dirty towels (three), I was not left any new clean ones. So, on Friday and early today, I had to live with one towel (again, not a big deal, but it's nice at a hotel to use a couple towels, just b/c they're there--plus, it's the little things--replace the towels, for pete's sake). Finally, today, I woke up and all day long, i've noticed that I have a rash on the back of my neck. Don't know what this is from...it's just an irritation more than anything right now. But this is the first time this has happened. So I don't know what's up with that. Plus, the hotel was short-staffed and one of the ladies at the front desk wasn't very helpful at all when I was looking for somewhere to eat yesterday. Oh well...hopefully Hanover/Baltimore (one night in each) will be better.