Monday, January 10, 2005

I woke up this morning around 6am with a POUNDING headache. I quickly took THREE Advils and went to bed, hoping in a half hour or so, when I had to get up for work, it would be gone.

No luck. So I stayed home...I managed to fall back asleep and woke up around 10:30 or so, still pounding. Took more Advil and went and buried my head in the pillows. Fell asleep again...woke up around 1:00, when my boss called me (he's actually going to the doctor's to check on some weekend chest pains he had...) to make sure I was OK. I said, well, my head isn't pounding anymore, but I still feel really disoriented and there is some pain.

I got up and ate, and the pain has subsided a bit (until the last few minutes though), so I decided to tackle the rest of the feature story (for the Canadian bakery) that was due today when I got in to work. I just hammered through it (really not long), but I believe all that concentration has set me back a bit. My head is beginning to hurt again, so the minute I end this blog, I'm hitting the Advil again.

Hopefully, I'll be better by this evening, when we get two more hours of "24"!!!! Last night's two-hour premiere was solid...not a lot of idiocy, which is good, but I know is coming. :)

It is good to see that, although there are new women in "24," they remain in the mold of previous "24" women--stupid, nosy, oblivious to everything including their own safety, annoying or complete and total bitches to the point of completely idiocy.

Who is that actor that played Ronnie, the "new Jack"? I've seen him before...what's he from? Same thing with that moronic Debbie chick. Who is that?

Ah well...hopefully the world as we know it is not encased in ice tomorrow morning.