Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Wow...I don't think I can remember the last time it was nearly 65 degrees in Chicago in early to mid-January. Of course, it's gonna drop down to about 10 degrees for the high on Saturday. But it's winter, so I simply enjoyed the niceness this evening, knowing it'll be gone tomorrow.

Tough to enjoy the niceness though, when it's torrentially raining. Oh well...can't complain about having the window and balcony door open though, that's for sure. :)

What else is new? Well...not all THAT much...Gina's b-day is coming up, so I'm preparing for that. The big 3-0...what a lucky gal. :)

As you know from Laz's blog, "24" is actually in midseason form already, which is nice. And I discovered two things at Best Buy today. #1 is that Simpsons Season Five is in stores. Gotta get that, of course. And #2 is that I'll be buying TurboTax so I can do mine and Gina's taxes the easy way. Being a journalist, I don't trust my math skills (although I've done my taxes every year of my life, including the two years I had to file two state forms with part-time resident status and a federal form, and let me tell you how much of a bitch that was! :) ). At any rate, with the mortgage deductions Gina will be getting, it'll be nice to have anyway.

Finally, I leave you with predictions.
Super Bowl winner: Pittsburgh.
Super Bowl loser: Vikings.
Steelers are a common pick, but yes, that's right, the Vi-queens. It's weird how uniting AGAINST a teammate can bring a team together enough, and really, who is the "consensus" favorite in the NFC anymore? No one.

Attack away... :)