Sunday, November 28, 2004

Well, back to work I go tomorrow...not a big problem though. :) And that's nice.

When your biggest initial concern is how to file reimbursement forms taking into account a currency difference, then you know your job is good. :) I mean, I'll have plenty of work to do, no doubt, but it's not work that makes me stressed, and that's the key in life--work and work hard, but don't kill yourself. Enjoy what you do, and that's just it. Of course, taking the train to and from work helps A LOT. :)

Let's see...well, less than a month until I go to Vegas for the first time ever. Should be pretty cool. But I need to practice gambling...particularly blackjack and craps, if I decide to even take on the monsterously intimidating craps table again.

I'm hoping to do as well as I did bowling on Thanksgiving...an annual tradition with my cousins and brothers (though neither of them could make it) that held up this year even though none of us had dinner together. Good ol' Suburbanite Bowl. Although we are a bit concerned, as every year it's gotten more and more crowded and the music has gotten better and better. It seems more people are onto our plan set into motion about five years back. Oh well. As long as there aren't lines or leagues or anything preventing us from enjoying ourselves. :)

Oh, back to how well I did. We played three games...the first one I sucked at. But in the middle of the second one, my cousin's boyfriend offered two pointers (he's no PBA bowler, but he's pretty damned good...and at least knows his shit...). So, I took them into account. Amazingly, through the next half game and into the third game, I think I left only two open frames. I finished the second game with a turkey (on Thanksgiving, of course) in the 7,8,9 and finished with a 148. But, I rolled in the third game (for me, anyway)...finished with a 174. Still lost though, because my cousin Julie had the game of her LIFE... :) She beat me in the 10th frame with a 177.

But we have to get through the first half of December before Vegas comes into play. I just hope I get good at something...or at least make some wise gamebook decisions. :)