Thursday, November 11, 2004

Dogs are certainly interesting creatures. At least Kazak is.

He's a smart dog. He knew when I picked him up that he was leaving. He whined a bit in anxiety the whole way home from Bolingbrook, but he wasn't too antsy. He was just happy to be heading back "home," wherever that was now.

When we walked in the door to the condo, he immediately took the tour of the place. I followed him as he walked nearly around the perimeter of every room, getting his bearings. He went through every door, including the bathroom doors, except for the second bedroom door, in which the light was off. Then, once he got the lay of the land, he plopped down on his bed, which I had put in the middle of the condo, more or less, and relaxed most of the rest of the night. I slept with the bedroom door open, in case he wanted to be in that room with me because it was an unfamiliar territory for him, but he slept out on his bed the whole time.

It's just amazing how easily adaptable he was to the situation. I just hope it lasts. :)