Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Well, the Renaissance SkyDome already beats the crap out of the Renaissance Cleveland hotel...neat to have a field view room, unfortunately, there is nothing going on this week while I'm here. Oh well. If anything, it's nice and quiet out my window. Of course, I have no indication of the weather.

Plus, I'm using the hotel's business "centre" (up here in Canada, things are spelled funny) with complimentary Internet access. That's sweet.

The room also is much nicer and more contemporary than the one in Cleveland (but I suspect that's because the Cleveland one is a historic building conversion). Finally, there seems to be much more to do well within walking distance. Though today I'm too tired to do anything, it seems. Maybe tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Other than that, I gave up quickly trying to drive the so-called speed limit, because it's in kilometers, and I have no idea when it comes to that. Everything's metric up here. Also, I changed over some of my money to Canadian dollars...they actually have more change than bills, which kinda sucks. Plus, I feel like I'm leaving much less tip when I drop a $2 coin on the table...just feels funny.

So I don't know what I'm going to do the rest of the evening. TV isn't easy, because I don't know what half the channels even are. But I'll survive, I guess. It's fun trying to figure it out, so long as I remember that I'm new to this stuff and I'm not as moronic as I feel sometimes.

If I feel up to it, maybe I'll wander and see if I can find a bar or something and get a beer or two. But we'll see, because I have an early morning tomorrow and a long, 1-hour or so drive to the company headquarters.

Further "new to international travel" humor...I went to Hooters for dinner, because it's right here and I was starving and not feeling like looking for anything else. Walked in and saw that it was $2.50 Tuesdays...all domestic bottles for $2.50. So I thought, "Hmmm...Miller or Budweis...wait, dammit, those are "imports" here..." So I had a Molson Canadian...which is just fine. That was about the only thing that was fine...the service really sucked, and the sandwich I had was tiny. But maybe the portion sizes are smaller up here, I don't know.

Ah well...that's about all for now.