Thursday, September 30, 2004

There are things, as horrible as they would be to happen, that sometimes just make you laugh uncontrollably. ("Huh?" you ask...)

After lunch, I walked into the building. As I did so, a guy walked out of an office, veering to his left. He caught sight of me out of the corner of his eye and glanced to his right, at me, to make sure we wouldn't collide. Meanwhile, a coworker of mine emerged beyond him, heading toward us. The guy looked back ahead of him just in time to change direction and avoid her. She also reacted as late as he did, and they narrowly missed each other. It all happened in a matter of seconds...

Now, had they run into each other at full speed, someone probably would have been lying on the floor, they were moving that quickly and it would have been a blindside hit. At that point, I'd have felt like I was in one of those awesome Southwest Airlines "It Must Be Football Season" commercials. If I didn't just bust out laughing, I'd feel almost obliged to stand over the person who was knocked down and talk isht as though my teammate just sacked the quarterback. :)

Just thinking about it now makes me snicker... :)

BTW, the pineapple to the face in the grocery store Southwest commercial is still the best of them...I die every time I see it. "I'm open over here." Thump.