Monday, September 27, 2004

Condo inspection went well, with only the bathroom sink P-traps needing replacement and the furnace's blower motor needing to either be calibrated to a higher speed or replaced. We will have the lawyer ask that they take care of the blower motor or pay us for it. We can replace the P-traps...I could do it with my eyes closed.

So that's good news...everything else, with the exception of a few tiny things, got good reviews. So, I guess that means, barring legal B.S., it's ours. :)

I'm over Paris...really, I am. I hear it's probably as dirty as Cleveland anyway. :)

Now, though, I'm tired...half a slab of ribs, corn on the cob, 2 appetizers and black beans & rice will do that to you...along with a pint of beer.

More...sometime. I move Wednesday, so who knows how much over the next month I'll post...just an early warning. I'm sure I'll be fine, but just in case, be prepared to be without my (ha, ha) gripping text.

Oh, and finally, after doing some research last night on my old emails on my Mac, I discovered that today is the one-year anniversary of the day I asked Gina on our first date...about this time last year, we were at her wine-tasting party. But the day had only just begun...technically, I didn't ask her on the date until about 5 or 6 am, after her party had ended and we had gone to IHOP. One week later (our "anniversary," if you will) would be our first date. Anyway, that wine-tasting night was a long, but very fun night...obviously well worth hearing the birds chirping and seeing dawn breaking over the trees in Bolingbrook for what would be the last time I saw and heard such a thing, because I moved out of Bolingbrook pretty much the next few days...

And hear I am, one year later. Wow...