Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I shouldn't have broadened my search. I saw an actual house today that looks pretty good, but would be a big stretch from our preconceived limit. Now, I'm pretty sure we could afford it...barely...but why is it that I'm a lot more nervous about even thinking about buying a house than I am about buying a condo?

But the place looks pretty nice. And it's in a better-than-thought neighborhood (the address isn't given, but I happened to stumble upon it on the way to Gina's place today). I thought because the price was on the "low side" that it was in shitsville Chicago.

I need to get my mind off this house though...focus on the condo. Focus on the condo. I just fear making a big mistake in buying a house, even though I know those fears are silly to have.

Off to bed...assuming I can sleep.