Thursday, June 17, 2004

OK...got a call from a magazine out of the blue, that I spoke with at the M e d i l l fair. I have to call them back on Tuesday to schedule an interview. It seems like a good post...it's a trade mag, but for a much better industry than water quality. And it's a higher-up post than what I'm in now.

So, my point: If you are a praying type, please throw a good luck prayer in there somewhere for me this week. I'm really tired of being jobless. :) If you aren't a praying type, well, think good karma thoughts for me or something. :)

Now I can recap a bit too...

Yesterday, work was pretty easy, for a change. We hosted Park Ridge Park District little leaguers. Although it was easy, there were at least three incidents of snobby attitude directed by parents toward myself or my coworkers. I shouldn't be too surprised, I guess, but given that this hasn't happened yet this season (with stereotypically snobbier suburbs playing there), I was a bit surprised. Oh well.

Afterward, Luis, who worked until 10pm, and I went to...Hawkeye's! For the first time in ages, we decided to get a beer there and catch up on things. It was like old times, except without the staff knowing us, because the place has gone through massive turnover. But alas...we need a new bar. We're going to try this place that Butch and I have been to, called Celtic Crown, up on Western near Montrose. Cheap beer and eats and the atmosphere seems cool. So we'll see.

Today, Gina and I will help the SuperNovas build The Great Wall of Grayslake. It'll be visible from satellites sitting on the roof of their garage. But not any higher. :)

Tomorrow, that thing called softball in Oak Lawn continues after a two-week hiatus. I hate that. Because now I'm gonna be all rusty...then again, the way I'm hitting, maybe a two-week layoff is what I need. We'll see.

Ah well...I'm gonna go play some MVP Baseball, I think.