Monday, June 07, 2004

Is blogging going the way of the dodo? Or Friendster? At least, among those of us in this little group here (other than Laz, of course)...

I hope not...kinda. I've been bad about posting, but I hope to do better. Honestly, the life of an unemployed person is not all that interesting, ya know? But we'll see.

I drove down to Sid's Greenhouse in Palos Hills on Friday to look for Swiss chard, thinking, "If I'm going to find it, that's where I will find it." And I did. :) I also bought a rosemary plant and a flower, along with another (just the third) pot for my deck. I planted those plants plus a pepper plant back there. I'll try to remember to take and post a picture.

With that, I'm done with my deck "garden" at least until stuff dies. I can't spend any more on it, and honestly, there's no more room at all.

I went to Target to spend a gift card I got from Luis. I was able to get (finally!) a plastic storage drawer for under my bathroom sink to put stuff in, and I got a new fan for my room (just in time, before the mad rush to buy them when it gets hot--kinda like today) and a cookie baking sheet, because I didn't have one. So, a very utilitarian use to my first gift card purchase. :) But that's what I like...things that are cool and nice but that I can use. :)

Friday evening, Gina and I decided to watch "Road to Perdition" because she hadn't seen it. I think she liked it...I know I like it. It's not one of my top "favorites" or anything like that, but it's a good movie.

Saturday night, Gina and I went to a bar in Elk Grove Village called "Ringside", where Gina had won a $50 gift certificate earlier in the year. So we ate and drank to our hearts content with her friend and that girl's boyfriend. A band came on, and they did a quite good rendition of "China Grove" by the Doobie Brothers...the guitarist was particularly good. Otherwise, they were so-so. We then wandered over to Hala Kahiki for a little while. Didn't stay long though...but whatever.

Today I worked, of course. And then I stopped at Gina's to figure out moving van rental. She's officially moving on Thursday July 1, for anyone who might be off that day and wants to help. ;) But whatever...

All right...I'm tired now. So that's enough of the recap. Goodnight all.