Wednesday, May 26, 2004

So many phone calls...

I have to call unemployment, my ballpark job, Brookfield Zoo (for potential employment there), a former coworker (about employment at the Trib) and who knows who else.

Plus, this dog is sitting here, albeit patiently, but annoyingly pestering me to take him out already. Responsibilities suck.

I'm officially grounding myself for the rest of the week. I had to borrow money from the parents yesterday, which I hate asking for favors, period, because of the measly $7 check I got last Friday for the Mother's Day week at the ballpark, during which I worked 1 hour. So, until Friday, when I get paid again, I'm grounded...and technically, I'll be grounded for a while after that too, because finances don't get much better after that. I need a damned job. (Thanks, E, for that email by the way...)

I've started a Dynasty with my White Sox on MVP Baseball 2004 for PS2...I'm 2-0 (I'm playing on the rookie level though, because I'm nowhere near good enough to play on the other levels). I destroyed the Royals on Opening Day and edged them out in Game Two. It's a pretty cool game, though the controls are tough to master.

In softball yesterday, we won something like 15-12 after putting down a furious last-at-bat rally by the other team, the Cruisers. I had a decent game...nothing fantastic. We're now 3-1, which is fantastic, but I think this is the "soft part" of the schedule. We'll see.

All right, off to get crap done. And I still have to find time to clean this place up for Saturday's big shindig. Yay...