Friday, May 28, 2004

Well, not a bad start to my b-day weekend at all... :)

My first gift came in the mail yesterday, from UrbanTherapy, "Kung Faux, Vol. 1"...Hells yeah... :)

I went to Gina's for my "surprise" evening...she ordered Giordano's deep dish pizza, my favorite deep dish. I opened presents...I got a new comforter, finally, which I've needed since living in The Brook, when Kazak used to have free access to my bed and tore several holes in my current comforter. Of course, I'm going to pack this new one away until winter, so it doesn't get ruined by then. I also got two pairs of jeans and a bunch of new summer shirts to wear. So good...more options is always a good thing.

We then went to see "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," which we wanted to see for V-day. I have to say that it was good, but not as good as all the hype. Yes, I did laugh, but a lot of the jokes were predictable, and made moreso because each skit has a title that they show on a screen, and typically that title gives away everything. But it was worth it's weight in salt. I actually liked the Shakespeare play "All's Well That Ends Well" that we saw on V-day better than this, because I had to think much more for it.

I also got an unexpected gift that I Sanford & Son-ed from Gina's alley...we were going around the block to find parking, when I saw two end tables and a coffee table...the first thing I thought was, wait, plant stands! I made Gina pull over and snagged the end tables--they're wrought iron with glass tops, in great condition. I left the coffee table though...it wouldn't have fit in her car anyway. I might use them outside or inside, we'll see. I have to look at them better in "daylight" tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I have softball at 6pm followed by Luis' last-minute b-day party at Minx Lounge, where his coworker is spinning the tables. Should be cool...he says I'm his ride home. So I have to be there. :)