Friday, January 02, 2004

Most of you could care less, but my brother and I had a "weigh-off" over the New Year's holiday. Tim insisted that I weighed more than he did, so we put it to the test yesterday, using my Dad's new electronic scale. Now, the last time I even weighed myself was last winter--I weighed a chubby 185 pounds. I had a gut and was out of shape. I'm still kind of out of shape, so I was a little concerned before I stepped on the scale. I stripped down to my jeans and socks and stepped on. I weighed 173.5 pounds! I'm so happy, as I've lost 12 pounds in less than a year. Not that I care about my weight all that much, so long as I feel healthy. But I did want to shed a few pounds and stay in better shape, and it seems I've done it! Meanwhile, my bro weighed about 178/179 (he left his clothes on). So I was right.

Yesterday Kim and Nick had a little New Year's party for "the Ghetto." It was much fun...but for whatever reason, I got tired pretty early in the evening, for the second night in a row. I had gotten tired at my friend Steve and Kelly's house on New Year's Eve. So I don't know, maybe I'm getting old. :)

Today feels like Sunday, and I feel quite tired, even though I got a nice amount of sleep last night. oh well...it figures. I'll fight through it, I guess.