Monday, December 22, 2003

This is what I mean...my body always surprises me.

Apparently, I actually have a minor version of the flu. I don't have a thermometer, but I was running a fever earlier today--it has since broken for now...we'll see how I do overnight. I woke up this morning with my sinuses exploding, a pounding, nauseous headache and general soreness EVERYWHERE. I tried to walk to the bathroom and made it there and back but almost fell down four times. My inner ear gets out of whack when my sinuses fill up.

So I called Gina to cancel our day. She asked if I needed help, and I asked if she could come by and walk Kazak, because there was no way I was going to be able to do that. I had her pick up some soup and juice on the way.

Until about 1pm, I hadn't eaten or drunk anything, but I realized that if I didn't drink SOMEthing, I'd soon be dehydrated and my stomach wouldn't keep anything down. That would mean a hospital visit, probably. So I drank some water. Gina showed up and I drank some Sprite and FINALLY took some Dayquil. I didn't know if you could take it on an empty stomach or not. Apparently, you can. She made soup, and when I was eating it, I started sweating--the fever broke, and I felt a lot better after that.

I was thinking how it's kind of strange that, in three months living here, I've been bedridden twice now, whereas in three years in Bolingbrook, I can't remember a single time that I stayed in bed sick all day long. I don't know what that means, but I know I don't like getting sick this frequently. :)

Now, I'm going to go back to bed and take some Nyquil and go to sleep.