Sunday, December 28, 2003

It's been awhile, hasn't it? :)

Well, here I am, at work on Sunday. Might as well update you folks on me.

Christmas was great, after I got healthy. I went to Gina's parents' house and had a great time even though I felt completely run down. By 2am or so, when I finally headed home after attending Midnight Mass with them, I was feeling better, albeit tired and very, very full. Gina's mom made up a whole spread of food, and it was very good. I basically chased the remainder of the flu out of me with the food I think.

Gina LOVED her gifts from me, and she got me a nice sweater and the "Indiana Jones" DVD trilogy, which just completely kicks ass. The sweater is my new favorite. Gina's parents even got me a nice sweater. Gina's family was real cool too. Midnight Mass was probably the best Midnight Mass I've ever been too, and their choir was beautiful...it was great.

Christmas was spent at the parents' house and then at the aunt & uncle's house, where Gina met us. I got some really nice stuff...stuff I need, like a drill and artwork for my walls (actually, two things...) and money to buy clothes and things. I got possibly the MOST RANDOM gift of my 26 years of Christmas. My little brother got me a chair. One chair. One dining-room style folding chair. He read the part of my list that said I wanted furniture-type things for my new apartment and assumed I meant actual furniture...but it's a very nice chair and will be put to use, no doubt.

All in all, a very, very good Christmas, and considering I didn't think I'd get to spend any of it with Gina and got to spend much of it with her, I was happy.

I worked Friday, and it wasn't as terrible a workday as I thought it would be. In the evening, Gina and I went to Street Side cafe to hang out and see Julie's boyfriend Mike DJ. Then yesterday, we went to Smokey Bones in Schaumburg with her family for her Grandma's birthday. Then we trekked all the way down to our friends' house in Oak Lawn for our neighborhood friends' holiday party. That was cool...everyone was complimenting Gina on how much she'd cleaned me up. :) Whatever. I did look gooooood yesterday though. :) You'd all have been impressed. We hung out there for a while and had a good time, as usual.

This week is New Year's Week. Another short week at work...that's fine, since I hopefully won't be sick. I'm still coughing and sniffling and whatnot...but it's all aftermath stuff...I'm not still sick. Tomorrow I have plenty o' errands to take care of before Gina and I trek up to Grayslake for dinner and a movie (on their new DVD player!) with PolishBasia and Husband. That should be fun...assuming the women really can cook. :) (just kidding!)