Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Guess I should update.

I stayed home from work today. Both Gina and my mom said I should, and they were right. I probably would have gotten sicker. I woke up still feeling way off, but not as bad as yesterday. I slept most of the day today, but I had to finish my Christmas shopping, dammit.

So I drove over to Best Buy and Home Depot on North near Clybourn. It was already a madhouse there. But I got my stuff done and got the hell out. It wasn't bad. But for the 30 minutes of shopping I did, I was drained. Amazing what being sick can do to you, ya know?

I'm still not near 100 percent, but there's no way I can miss work again tomorrow. As much as I'd rather do that, I can't. Already I'm going to now be lambasted with work tomorrow and Friday. And tomorrow I have to leave work earlier than normal to get to Gina's parents' house for dinner.

So, evidently I had the flu, but stepped in (actually, Gina stepped in) soon enough to stop it before it got bad. I had no idea I was really sick yesterday (seriously, I'm bad at knowing that...I've never been able to tell if I feel hot or anything). But Gina said that when she got here yesterday, my face and neck were red. I guess it's good that she noticed that when she did, or I might be a ton worse right now.

Well, hopefully this thing continues to dwindle away to nearly nothing by tomorrow evening and Christmas Day. I can live with sniffing and coughing if that's all that's left. But I don't want the lethargic-ness and whatever else. :)