Sunday, January 11, 2004

I'm beat.

Yesterday, I played in my grammar school's now-annual alumni basketball game to raise money for the school's athletic association. I hadn't touched a basketball in about a year, literally. I didn't do too bad...made some mistakes but also actually played pretty well, even though my team lost.

However, much like when I work out for the first time in a long time, I'm sore as HELL today. I'm also a bit sleepy. My back, legs, arms and everything in between hurt. We went to JK's, the tavern on my parents' block, afterward. Everyone had a good, good time.

During the day I went to my parents' house to do laundry after sleeping in and going to Chipotle with Gina. She'd never had it before, and I think she liked it OK...good ol' crack in a tortilla.

Prior to that, I went with Gina to Bird's Nest on Southport on Friday night after I got home. The coach that I was waiting to interview blew me off, but I'm not shocked one bit. Bird's Nest was cool, and we had a good time. Gina had a few too many to drink, but it was $20 all-you-can-drink domestics and well drinks from 9-12. So we did that.

And that's that. We should be able to get out of here comparatively early, since it's playoff time and there are fewer games. Only one more week of Sunday work until I get a Sunday off (Super Bowl Sunday), and then we switch to our pseudo-monthly schedule and I get Sundays off most of the time. That will be good. :)