Sunday, January 04, 2004

Here I am. I know you all missed me.

The holidays, when they fall on, say, a Thursday, really throw me off schedule-wise. Today is Sunday, which finally I am in good shape mentally schedule-wise. But I walked around on Thursday thinking it was Saturday. Then Friday threw me off, and Saturday, and AAAAHHHH!!!! Today, I'm back on track. I think.

I've been running around the last couple of days...it was good to see Laz and Kel again, in Chicago and all. :) It was, of course, also good to see the rest of the Ghetto folks, on New Year's Day. It was a good time.

On Friday, I had to work, and then Gina and I went with Gina's roommate and her friend to see "Lord of the Rings." It was good, but I think I liked the second one better--don't know why. I'll have to see the third one again to judge for good.

Yesterday, Gina and I went out to Bolingbrook to get more of my things--there thankfully isn't much left. Gina had not seen my apartment out there and never met Gerard, and she got to do both. Plus, I missed Noodles & Co., so we ate lunch there. Then we went to Kohl's and spent my Christmas money. I spent a whole lotta money on four pairs of pants (two corduroys, two jeans), a new down pillow for my bed, a set of flannel bedsheets and three pairs of boxers, all of which I need. Good ol' Kohl's. Nothing beats Kohl's, I tell you. I got all of that for $140. That's awesome. We spent about two freakin' hours in the store, looking at things to buy. It's nice to have some money to do things with. :) I'm crawling slowly out of the red. That's good.

Today I went to church and drove in the snowstorm to work. I'm not looking forward to the fact that I'll probably have to park blocks and blocks away from my apt. tonight and walk. Maybe I'll get lucky, but with six inches of snow on the ground and this being the first real snow, I'm not hopeful.

But we'll see how it goes. I think I will sleep my ass off tomorrow, get up and clean and reorganize my room. i need to move my bed away from the pseudo-drafty window. I'm kind of "down" that Gina goes back to work tomorrow. That means she'll be busy as hell in the evenings again, meaning I can't see her as frequently as I did during winter break. Oh well...I guess I'll get used to it again. But it was nice to be able to not worry about her having to grade papers and do lesson plans in the evening and all. But it's all right.

We start swing-dancing lessons on Wednesday. We're both really excited, and it should kick much ass. Although I'm mad that we apparently have to trade dancing partners. I'm not going to dance with some random chick. I'm going to dance with Gina, for Christ's sake. If I cared about the other people in the class, I'd have signed up myself. Oh well, I guess I'll live, somehow. :)