Monday, January 05, 2004

Wrong numbers can be funny sometimes. Especially those that are (a) telemarketers, and (b) telemarketers that leave a message on your answering machine when you don't pick up.

I was awakened by the phone ringing at 11:30. The caller ID said "Unavailable" so I said, "Fuck it." I hear the message: "Hi this is Toyota of Evanston. We believe your Toyota is scheduled for a routine maintenance check, and we have a good sale on..."

Last time I checked, I don't drive a Toyota and never have. Nor has Butch. Too funny. I almost wished I had picked up the phone. I could have asked if they all still jump up in the air and yell "Oh what a feeling, Toy-ota!" at the dealership like they used to in the '80s when someone bought a Toyota in those commercials.

I have to call SBC, because they rejected my payment because they apparently don't accept Cingular payments as well, which baffles me, because then WHY put them on the same bill? What's the point if I have to send two checks to two different places? I don't get it.

Then I have to clean and rearrange my room. And I'm having dinner with Gina and a friend of hers and that friend's girlfriend. Should be a good time. We're going to Chicago Pizza Grinder or whatever it's called. Gina's excited, so I am by default. :)