Saturday, November 29, 2003

That was a DAMN FINE meal. :)

Nick (of cheshirekim fame) made pork roast, much to my surprise and enjoyment for their Thanksgiving Seconds dinner yesterday. The minute I saw it sitting on the table, my eyes lit up. Pork roast is, BY FAR, my FAVORITE meat. I love it. I would eat it every day if I could, so long as there's plenty o' gravy...Nick used mushroom gravy, which was top-notch--but Nick, I meant to say this yesterday--try ONION gravy next time, for variety--that's what my Mom uses (just the onion gravy mix), and it's just delectable. ;) My mom used to make it on Sundays in the "meal rotation," but I haven't had it in a while. My mom knows it's my favorite meal that she cooks (even better than her swedish meatballs, which UrbanTherapy can attest to the deliciousness of). Anyway, I enjoyed about five slices of pork roast, and Donna's stuffing, which was fantastic too. That's really all I ate though was the pork roast and the stuffing--and I was just gonna eat the pork roast, because I love it so much. :) Oh yeah, and the cake, which I realized I don't know who made/bought it, was good. :) But it was a fantastic meal, without a doubt--excellent food, excellent company and even some Kung Faux. You can't beat that. Just like you can't beat a picture of my armpit hair during a NU pickup basketball game. :) Blade it up.

I left there around 8:30 and headed back to my place, where Butch's housewarming party was about to start. I arrived, and there were two people there, both of whom I knew...but the deluge was just about to start. We packed the place. Those of you who were here for MY housewarming--at its peak, I thought my housewarming was crowded. But yesterday, you couldn't walk from one side of the apartment to the other yesterday. There was often a two-person line for the bathroom even. :) It was packed. Everyone seemed to have a good time...I had a really good time. Butch's brother even hooked up the ice maker in our freezer, but I discovered that the hose, which runs through the basement, was leaking and flooding the basement. So we had a mini-crisis that fortunately didn't ruin anything (we hope). And the icemaker is still not working. So we need to replace the hose now. There were so many people here last night, it was ridiculous. And I knew only about half of the folks in attendance. But that's OK. I was able to hang out with the folks I wanted to and kind of just have a good time instead of running around coordinating everything.

Poor Kazak...he's a very social and relaxed dog, but I think yesterday was just TOO much for him. He wouldn't lay down for a long, long time, unless he could actually SEE me. That is, until the folks who were "in his spot" on the couch left. Then he went on the couch and pseudo-slept. Everyone loved him, of course. :) Everyone was stunned at how good he was, and "wow, you have him trained so well," to which I said, "well, I have to give credit to whoever his previous owner was too, because he was a lot like this when I found him." So that was cool. People trickled out as the night progressed, and I haven't discovered anything missing yet, so that's good. :) I was proud of myself for not sitting in or near my room with a baseball bat. I was a little worried, only because there were just so many people I didn't know. Not that I have all that much worth taking. :) But I survived. I was actually more worried about Kazak slipping out the door while someone was coming in or out. But he behaved and stayed put. Our upstairs neighbor (the nice girl) and a couple other people stuck around and talked shit until about 5am, when me and Butch finally went to bed. Fun times, fun times. So kudos to Butch for putting together a kick-ass party! :) My friend Erin from Hawkeye's (no longer, actually) even showed up, and she brought me a gift--so I have an ornament for my tree now! :) I have others that my Mom is in possession of, but this is technically my first ornament for the tree. :) So that was nice.

Tonight, Starbux Princess unveils her apartment to us...more housewarming! :) Lots of housewarming going on lately, I gotta say. :) I guess that's a good sign that all of us are "moving up" in the world or something along those lines--at least trying to better ourselves somehow, right? :) Anyway, Gina and I will be heading there, likely meeting many of you there too. :) Butch and a couple folks are heading to Erin's new place of employment, up north of our place somewhere, and that's cool. I'll have to head there one of these days...

But first today, I think I'll head down to my parents' house and do some laundry and pick up my Christmas tree. :) I'm using my grandpa's old tree. Don't know when I'll put it up, but I'll at least have it, ya know? :) It's a 4.5-footer, and I'm probably going to set up a train board below it...just a single loop, for "decoration" more than anything. i don't have room to play with my choo-choos. :) Maybe someday when I have a house. Ha! So, off I go...everyone who's reading this on the weekend, have a great day. :)