Sunday, September 14, 2003

It's freakin' 3:45 central time. I'm up. I just got home from a party with Luis at some coworker's place on the North Side...basically Belmont and Lake Shore Drive. It was definitely an interesting gig. I had one beer then a "flavored beer," as the French gal who lived there called it (known amongst Americans as "wine cooler") and then a bunch of different wines, because I wasn't switching into hard liquor by any means.

I met a handful of people, none of them particularly all that interesting, though I did meet a fellow journalist. Some older-than-me woman who works for NBC Nightly News as a producer. She was cool and we talked shop a bit, but I didn't get to talk to her enough to get her card or anything of that sort. She did invite us to some party in the next couple of weeks though, so that's cool. Of course, I didn't bring MY business cards, because I never expect to run into any journalists at parties like this. Oh well...maybe I'll catch her again sometime and I'll have my cards. We'll see.

Luis' friend, whose birthday it was, did try to teach me how to salsa dance, which I've always wanted to do. I have NO IDEA if I did the steps right, but I did keep with the beat well, in my opinion. She was nice and said I did fine...whether it was right or not. :)

It was pretty surreal though, as some of my outings with Luis can be. Just about everyone in attendance was speaking French, which is different because usually when I go out with Luis, people are speaking Spanish, not French. But I did make plenty of small talk with straight and gay people alike. I was just there to enjoy hanging out.

Christine, we thought about stopping at your Starbux, since I wanted to show Luis my new digs, come October, but Luis didn't really feel like stopping, because he sensed that I was getting tired. Maybe next time. :) Though I don't even know if you were working...probably not.

Tomorrow, I have to get up and write stuff and then head to work...what fun. Hopefully I get a good night's sleep. So yeah, goodnight... :)