Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Butch and I checked out apartments yesterday evening. We were supposed to look at five of them, via this apartment finding place. But we ended up seeing only two. The first one was practically across the street from Bar Thirteen, so I was sold on the location immediately. However, it had its problems...though I could live there. It was $955 two-bedroom with a very sizeable living room and good-sized kitchen. It was a rear apartment, which was nice because you couldn't hear the traffic on Damen at all. Lots of windows that actually looked out at yards and things instead of brick walls. It also had a nice-sized back porch. But, the laundry in the basement was really tough to get to, and there was like, zero storage space in the kitchen and bathroom. It's definitely an apartment I could live with, but it wasn't the kind that I would rent without seeing other places.

The second place we went to was up on Webster, between the Kennedy and Milwaukee Ave, if I remember right. Very nice neighborhood, as nice as Division and Damen, if not nicer. This place was huge, comparatively. It was a bi-level apartment (it had a loft, basically) and was nice. Except not for two roommates. It would have been good for one person or a couple. There were no doors on the downstairs bedroom, and there would have been lots of wasted space. As well as the loft and the bedroom, there was a den/office too. Like I said, lots of space, but laid out in such a way that it would be tough to work with with two people. The metal spiral staircase up to the loft was a nice touch, but it felt as though it was going to collapse when I walked on it. Plus, there's no way Kazak would ever go up those stairs, and if he did, he wouldn't do it well. And I'd bet he wouldn't go down. Just not safe at all for him. Like I said, if I were rich and living alone without a big dog, then yes, that would be great for me.

Otherwise, I guess we ran out of time looking at these apartments...we stopped after that and swung by Hawkeye's to catch the end of the Sox game and the Monday Night Football game and get some 10-cent wings. Nothing miraculous happened there...not that there ever is anything miraculous. We found out the apartment above Hawkeye's is for rent...hmmmm. Actually, you laugh, but we're kind of looking into it anyway. That wouldn't be bad at all to live in that area if it's cheap.

In other news...
Everyone just went to Fuddrucker's for lunch. I did not, because it's expensive. Though I'm stupid, because anywhere else I go to lunch, really, isn't going to be that much cheaper. Ah well...

I've created a new section, scrapping the in the car CD player thing, because I didn't update it much. Maybe this will last...maybe it won't.

My tooth is fine, Laz, thanks for asking. But my jaw and sinuses on the left side where the doctor numbed me up feel funny today. Probably a combination of allergies and the anesthetics. My dentist is great though...he filled the cavity in about 15 minutes, tops. It took longer for the anesthetics to kick in, which we had to wait for.

And the Jacksonville radio show didn't call me until after I'd left. They don't pay me. I don't wait more than an hour, especially when I've got things to do. :)

All right...off to lunch...Potbelly's/Starbucks sounds like a plan...