Saturday, September 13, 2003

I'm ready to go to sleep. I just got back awhile ago from softball and the bar afterward. We lost both games, one 9-6 and the next 14-11. In the second game, I was sliding into third, where the thirdbaseman was blocking the base. He caught the ball, and I made sure I slid into him spikes DOWN, so as not to hurt him when I tried kicking the ball out of his hands with the slide. So he tags me on the foot and then proceeds to shove my ankle into the ground. I was out, but I yelled "Hey, asshole, you trying to break my ankle?!" He got up and mumbled something. I got up, which most people typically do after they slide into a base, and he gives me a big shove in the back. I was about to turn around and say something, but my brother got in front of me and the ump was right there to scold the guy. What pissed all of us off was that he should have been tossed, immediately from the game for it. But the ump (who was doing a very bad job the entire game) said he wasn't going to toss the guy after what I called the guy (asshole). WTF? He didn't push me because I called him an asshole--he pushed me because he was a tough guy and thought I jumped up to get in his face, which I wasn't doing at all. I'm not stupid--this guy was far bigger than me and would've pummelled me AND my brother easily.

So my brother's calling the league to get this ump removed, because that's (a) poor umpiring, (b) and not safe. I was fuming the rest of the game, because the ump kept blowing calls...really bad ones too. I mean, if I were really a hothead, I probably could've started shit. But, I kept to myself for the most part and kept my mouth shut for the most part. Whatever. I had a great two games at the plate and a pretty decent day in right field, considering there was nothing I could do on the couple of rocket shots that were well over my head. I can feel that my arm is stronger and more accurate, and I don't feel as winded rounding the bases anymore. That's huge, and a main reason I'm playing in two leagues on three nights. Exercise is good. :)

We went to TC's, a sports bar that is now our sponsor, after the game. I didn't drink anything but water, which I'm proud of, and ate some pizza. That was cool. I played a bunch of songs on the jukebox and then left. Now I'm tired and want to sleep, so I will. My neck and back haven't bothered me since mid-day, so that's good. Much to figure out in my life tomorrow...I'll need a clear head.