Friday, September 12, 2003

Well, it's 1:30ish. I'm about to go eat out, likely for the last time in awhile. I have to save money now. I was explaining to Donna yesterday, prior to the crash, that apparently the only way I'm going to be able to afford to rent an apartment in the city is to FORCE myself to afford it. That means, I wasn't willing to make the sacrafices on my own accord, because I was living "in luxury" by not having to pay big-time rent...now I'll HAVE TO make those sacrafices.

The first month will be a feeling-out process, I suppose, where I really need to cut back on a lot. But, for now, I have to figure out how to bleed $475 out of today's paycheck to pay the first month's rent, if they indeed make us pay it next week when we sign the lease. Even though the realtor told us we'd have until Oct. 1 to pay it, which I can do because I get paid again before that. Ah well...we shall see what happens. I guess this is Test No. 1 in landlord-renter relations.

My neck and back definitely are sore today and a bit tight. I will still play softball later, because I'm needed. And maybe that will loosen up the muscles a bit. I really could use a shoulder rub...but I'm not asking anyone at work here to do it, that's for sure. :) So i guess I'm out of luck in that area. :)

I'll let Donna expound upon her travails in getting her car back later. I just hope the cop calls me to get a statement later...I didn't get his name, unfortunately. Ah well...we'll see what happens. Off to lunch now...