Friday, April 11, 2003

Yesterday me and Luis went to the YMCA in Downers Grove to check it out and maybe work out a bit. It was pretty sweet, but damned expensive compared to the alternative: signing up for the "West Communities" YMCA membership, which is something like $25 a month, and you can go to any Y, including the Downers Grove one. According to Luis, the West Communities one pales greatly in comparison to the D.G. one. Downers Grove, until Sunday when the sale they have is over, costs $74 joiners fee plus $40 per month. Now, why would I pay that when I can pay $25 a month and still go to D.G.? Something doesn't compute, and it sounds too good to be true. But I figure I can try getting the West Communities membership and go to D.G. The worst they can do is tell me I can't get in, and then I'll just go to the West Communities one or stop going.

We worked out a bit...I jogged a mile and lifted some weights a little bit. After the last time I started working out again, I wanted to take it easy at first in order to not be terrifyingly sore and stiff the next day. It seemed to work, as I'm barely sore, but I can feel where I pushed myself a bit.

Now, hopefully things work out and I can work out and stick to it. Actually working out is half the battle. Eating better would be the other half, and that's a much, much harder proposition. :)