Friday, April 04, 2003

Well, thankfully the White Sox won today. Unthankfully, my brother and I were not there. We arrived at 3:10 or so (for a 3pm game), knowing full well there'd be a rain delay going on since, well, it was raining pretty good. We stuck around for maybe an hour, until it got really bad. We surmised, based on the fact it wasn't letting up and past rain delays we've been at, that they weren't playing. So we decided to leave. We were soaked when we got back to our parents' house (we took the El) and then found out they'd started. Oh well...we've got 35 more games to go to this year, starting with tomorrow and Sunday. :)

I will say, the park, with its smaller-scale renovations, looks aesthetically nicer. It's the little things about it that make the difference. It's amazing what a little color will do to the comfort-level of a ballpark. What was cold and bland now looks all right. But then again, I never had a problem with Comiskey/U.S. Cellular Field (from here on out referred to by me as "Comiskey" or "The Cell") to begin with.

All this, by the way, after I stayed up until 5:30 am trying to vanquish the damn Indians in Civilization III. I finally wiped them from the face of the Earth and looked up, and it was 5am. Damn. :)