Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Music rules. It always is right. I submit the following from a new band called "Gob," a punk-rock like tome that really, I kind of liked before all this crap went down. I submit my new favorite lyrics:

"Give up the grudge.
Shut your fuckin' mouth.
Why you gotta judge
everybody but yourself?
Take a look around you,
there ain't nobody home.
I may be a loser
but at least I'm not alone."

The last part doesn't completely apply here...but the first part does. :) I love music, even the mainstream stuff can strike a chord much of the time.

By the way, I scored a goal in hockey tonight...I don't remember much of it, which is weird--I guess the ghost of [insert great dead hockey player here] entered my body, because I had to ask Nick and Kim what exactly I did. Well, Kim, here it is...my braggin'. ;) Apparently, I fought through two defenders with the puck somehow, hit a backhand shot into the goalie who came out of the crease and butterflied himself...the rebound came to my forehand and I shot it through the five-hole or just under his armpit--no one was sure of where it went exactly. Anyway, that was our only goal and we lost. Damn. Now I'm off to bed, so goodnight all. :)

P.S....Props to Alejandra for saving me from completely scrapping "The Accidental Tourist" from my list of movies/books to see/read. I was beginning to wonder if I was insane or wildly mistaken about that book. So thanks...and thanks for reading too. :)