Sunday, April 20, 2003

Well, I've been busy with two days of Sox games and going out in the evenings...but I wanted to share something interesting I just saw, prior to my family's supremely scaled back Easter meal. Usually it's a feast, but because of the kitchen renovation going on, my mom has really cut it back this year...we aren't even hosting friends or relatives.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that I suppose kids will always be kids. On the way back from the Sox game, we passed this special-ed school that is a mere blocks from my parents' house. There were two women walking and their little son was climbing up the side of the handicapped-access ramp and running down the ramp. He derived much fun from it, I'm sure. The reason I'm so sure is that me, my brother and my friends used to do the very same thing when we were little--like, before we were in school, when our moms would go shopping at the Fairplay on 51st and Western (somewhat a neighborhood grocery store) together and we'd go with them. We'd even race up one ramp, slide under the railings, run to the second one and up it and then under the railings on that one. It used to be a load of fun.

So, I guess for all the talk about "these kids nowadays," it's funny to see a kid doing something you did nearly 20 years ago--something that's really unusual (like, not Little League or something like that).

Happy Easter to those who read this and celebrate! To others, Happy Sunday. :)