Thursday, April 17, 2003

Here's the problem with society today: Read this. In this article appears the following, said by the mother: "He has a drinking problem," said Erickson, who added that she would support a ban on alcohol at baseball games. "And we can't help him until he wants help.''

Total bullcrap. Passing the buck. YOU'RE HIS MOTHER! If you would have taken control of him a long time ago, you wouldn't have to rely on the Sox banning alcohol or give some cop-out answer like we can't help him until he wants help. No! Obviously, if you can't help him for that reason, you're not trying hard enough or you're running away from the problem. I'm sure this woman put her kids in front of the TV and let the tube take care of raising her kids. Part of the thing with alcoholism, the way I grew up with it, is that the "victim" doesn't necessarily think they're doing anything wrong or need help. Of course she'd support a ban on alcohol at baseball games--because then SHE wouldn't have to do anything to police her son--but she fails to realize that he's still gonna go to bars and drink himself silly and get into more trouble. Maybe she should stop being afraid of her son and try convincing him that he has a problem.

Oh, and on a lighter note, for those of you who think I'm the aforementioned guy who attacked the umpire at U.S. Cellular Field, here's another piece of info...not only does he have the same facial hair--as pointed out by my observative coworkers--and not only is he from Bolingbrook, but he also lives on Lily Cache Lane, my street. Now, that may not seem like a big deal, but Lily Cache is only a couple miles long. In fact, I bet I could point out to you the apartment complex the redneck piece of crap lives...I bet it's the same place there was a shooting a year or so ago. It's basically where the Romeoville hillbillies move up to in the world.

Again, I say, I hope I never run into this guy.