Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Today is one of those days, I can tell. It's just a big waiting game. I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing's getting done. I'm waiting to hear from personnel people from my four teams, and of course, we need to do this right before the draft, when they are the busiest ever. That makes it damned hard for them to have time for us poor journalists. So, Jets general manager Terry Bradway's supposed to call me at 4 or 4:30 today, which means he'll probably call around 5:30, right when I'm going on the radio show I do in Des Moines. I already tried to change the day of the radio show, but that's not possible. So I can totally see this setting up as a potential disaster in the making. And if I don't get Bradway, I'll have to just sit here until I get fed up or hear from him. That would force me to miss softball practice, which, in the grand scheme right now, is pretty low on my list. But I'll leave around 7, which means he'll call right after I leave at 7:05...no doubt about it. God, I'm not cut out for this reporting crap sometimes--I'm too unlucky and/or nice.